POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Interesting bug in Win, memory leak : Interesting bug in Win, memory leak Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Interesting bug in Win, memory leak
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 8 Apr 2004 03:31:42
Message: <Xns94C560E9071CCraf256com@203.29.75.35>
Hi,
I have some random spots (white) appearing on my rendering (of IFJ logo -
see pbi).

This is for example this white spot is top-left "corner" of sphere above
letter "i" just above one of electrons (yellow sphere). This bug has only
about 1..2 pixels and is white.

Interesting - this spot is beeing in different position in each render
(with same source !) so it is some kind of memory-leek or uninitialized
variable (btw You dont use tools like Electric Fance to debug?).

I had simillar problem in other part of pictures. This is created by:

torus { //  (or sphere)
  pigment { rgbf }
  interia{media {
    emission 50 // or other bright color
    //maybe some density but not needed
  }
  hollow
}

and in addition I noticed then if a media-container intersects with nearby
geometry, then geometry is lighten several times stronger if the media was
very, very close to surface (but not tuching them).

I will try to find a minimalistic scene and post a bug report to
.bugreports.

It seems like Linux version dont have that problem..... I would test if Pov
3.6 for linux do have it but.... someone desided that it's time for
expiration, so - test it Yourself now, sinc I do not want to mess with
entire system clock for such a reason, sorry.

Above bug exists in pov 3.6 beta (with Im able to test with little help of
hacking ;)

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/